CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lite Brite




I was so excited when our friend April gave Jaeda this ancient toy for her birthday! But of course, it has had a facelift since I played with my own LITE BRITE twenty something years ago. It is now advertised as having a "flatscreen" (when did it not??), and the paper is now shiny instead of dull construction paper. Anyways, we had lots of fun with that this morning. Brice and Jaeda are home from preschool for summer, so I have been trying to find some ways to keep developing their fine motor-skills and have fun with it, and this proved successful!!! I still felt excited about turning on the bulb to light up our creation after punching in the colors. It is for ages 4 and up, but if your child knows their letters and colors, they should have no problem, and it definitely helps to reinforce what they are learning or know. Brice and Jaeda worked really well together to get the job done, but I do recommend locking up any twenty-two months old before beginning the process! TROUBLE!!

2 comments:

Hannah Fields said...

1. I love Brice's smile
2. I think it is funny that you still refer to her age in months
3. Where can i get a light bright!

joy said...

so cute! i still have my lite brite, i just haven't been brave enough to let the boys play with it yet. i'll reconsider, since your kids were so successful.