CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Old at Jars

Brad and I took his high school group (all boys) to the Jars of Clay concert at the MidState Fair tonight...we felt old when we realized that the last CD we bought from this band was made twelve years ago and we knew two of the songs played. Of course, this only meant that the band itself is getting up there too. We don't usually feel old, but this was unusual. It was a great concert though, and good time with my hubby and his crazy kids. It was good to get a glimpse of his guys that he talks about all of the time...I am usually distracted with my own babes at church that I do not get to hang out with the company that he spends time with during the week. The guys are crazy, gross, off-the-wall, and I had a lot of good laughs. I think I appreciate them more because I am a mother of a boy and know that he will make me laugh in the same ways one day. I'm off to read The Nanny Diaries (our latest book club choice...it has made me laugh out loud several times so far and I am only a quarter of the way through it) until I fall asleep.

3 comments:

erika said...

Laura-
Glad you are blogging! I can't wait to keep up with your daily happenings!!
XOXO
erika

haleybirkel said...

i am so happy that you are a blogger now! i prefer it to myspace and facebook any day of the week! i will be able to keep up with you much better this way!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh Poor Kaitlin, those darn thighs :) Those pics are too funny!!! See you tonight............YEAH!!!!!!