CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

We Have TWO Kiddos in Preschool




Jaeda started preschool last week, and this was not the easiest thing for me, but was definitely the most fun thing in the world for her. All I know is that I am SO thankful for my wonderful friends who called me to check up on me (because her going to preschool is all about me???) when she went off into the big world last Monday. One of my closest friends Katie whose daughter Kamryn is one of Jaeda's best friends met us for lunch in San Luis and talked me out of picking Jaeda up early from school...I am ridiculous. I would have ruined her day had I tried to take her away during lunch. Then my other Caitie, who I share my ridiculous emotions with all of the time called to see how Jaeda's big first day went and this was very comforting too. I cannot express how much these simple gestures meant to me. I found myself praying a LOT that day for Jaeda and thanking Him for the support our family has of friends that care so much as to pick up the phone to call and see how things that seem so little, are going.

Anyways, I could go on and on about the other encouragement that I received from friends last Monday, but I won't...you know who you are, but I cannot believe the emotions and separation anxiety that moms go through when letting go of a baby even if it is for only a few hours during the week...especially when it is intended for the child's greater good!
Jaeda had an awesome time, napped great (and without her blankie! She didn't even ask for it!), used those manners, and made new friends. What a great week! Brice helped her too...showed her to her classroom (his old class), her cubby, etc. It was a really neat blessing to see how well he takes care of her. ALSO, Kaitlin and I had a great two days, just the two of us...I love watching her blossom when it's just her! Though I think she got bored playing with me after a while, and really missed having her siblings around. She is awesome and I love her to pieces.

2 comments:

katy said...

Awww, your little kids are so cute! I love Jaeda's little ponytails. :) I'm glad that you had as good of a day as possible on her first day of pre-school. I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been!

The Oakes said...

i second the pigtail comment. glad to hear that you are still okay from the "growing up" occasion....i know it will happen so fast for us as well.