CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jaeda's Second Birthday Party



















































Yes, I know, you thought that she already celebrated her birthday, and you are right. However, we also had another party today to celebrate with the family, my mom who arrived in town last night, and all of Jaeda's friends. We outdid ourselves, but the girl had so much fun, and is officially "princessed" out after getting about every princess toy imaginable. She had fun playing with her friends and sharing her new toys...there were plenty to go around...very generous friends and family we have...wow. Choosing a theme for a birthday party can be very difficult for me as I research everything that Jaeda loves and the trends these days for toddler girls, then weigh them against the little interests that Jaeda has that most people don't know about. Jaeda had a garden party because she loves flowers, helping me in the garden, and being outside. Plus, it was much simpler than the princess party I would have unneccesarily overdone had I attempted it. Weeks before the party, people asked why we weren't going to have a princess party for her since she loves princesses, but truthfully, Brad and I really wanted to seek out Jaeda's unique interests and celebrate them, thus the garden party. She loved it. We are itching to try out the new garden tools and set out the play garden animals that she got today.

As I said, my mom is visiting and I think that her first day here, today, did her in due to a combo of both the jetlag and a two year-old's birthday party. I am so appreciative of how she is such an awesome Mamaw to my children, but not only that, she is also still very much separately a mother to me. She whipped up some of her famous fixins today right before the party to help me out, then attempted to straighten up after the party (nearly impossible with three kids 3 1/2 and younger all over the place). I only hope that I am half of what she is when my kids are parents.

1 comments:

haleybirkel said...

love the low pigtails! also, so sweet of your mom and your kind words about her made me teary eyed! aren't you thankful for such a wonderful mother?!