CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 21, 2007

baby girl has a name

Well, we are going with Brice on this one for now because his little heart was broken to hear that there will not be a baby brother named Buster coming this spring. Many of you have asked, so here is the scoop on Brice's reaction to the news. I showed him the ultrasound pics and told him how exciting it is that we found out we are going to have another little girl in the fam...he looked straight at me and said, "No, I wanted a brother...we have to go pick out another one." I walked into the other room where my good friend Aimee was, and we tried our hardest not to laugh...I also wanted to cry because I sensed his little broken heart through his voice. I did not know what to say to him. He's three and a half. Seriously, why was this so hard?
At dinner, he announced that we should just go get 10 babies, and that one of them has to be a girl. Then further let Kaitlin know that she could now be his little brother and that he will call her Kaitlin Buster.
I just finished tucking him in for bed, and during his prayers, he prayed for baby Tigger (this was the first I have heard of this). That's right, he has decided that he will call our new baby girl, "Tigger." That is fine with me. Definitely a step up from Buster, not quite the correct gender, but you can't step on a little guy when he's already down, right? Brice, Brice, Brice...sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buster will forever be buster :)

joy said...

poor brice. i can understand his disappointment. maybe once the baby is actually here he'll be more excited. and does kaitlyn know, she is now a brother? how to break that news? merry Christmas!