CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 11, 2007

....And Baby Makes Six

That's right! I am pregnant and we are expecting our next baby in May! I know, I say "next" instead of "last" because who knows how many we will have-and for some reason, I am not feeling like four is it for us. (Though I have not yet met anyone who wants more than 4-that might be a clue that I am crazy).
But we are very excited!
I will share with you (and anyone close to me already knows this) that I have been on birth control since KJ was 6 months old. But my doctor explained to me that there are two possible explanations...the antibiotic I was taking cancelled out the birth control (of which I had no warning-nobody told me this!!! How did I not know? Before this pregnancy, I had not been on birth control since my first year of marriage, I guess I am clueless, but I thought my doc would fill me in), or the hormone was not strong enough. Either way, we are going to have another baby and we are thrilled! Now there will be six of us in our constant houseparty :)
I had my first ultrasound today and I am around 8 weeks. I found out the news 3 weeks ago and told Brad a few days later...I was confused and a little upset because of the whole birth control thing and wasn't sure how he would react (I had my own timing plans for our next one-like wait until Kaitlin was in preschool to start trying or look further into adopting...work part-time for a little while...get back to pre-pregnancy weight!?? ) but he was super-excited and started talking about baby names.
Brice and Jaeda were excited too...they LOVE babies more than any kids I know...Brice is going to be a big brother AGAIN! I love that I had a boy first because he really protects and takes care of his little sisters. That poor but lucky little 3 & 1/2 year old! He has a lot of responsibility, but steps up to the plate with his sisters, especially his baby sister. When I was pregnant with Kaitlin, he always laid his head on my belly and prayed for her, and a week ago he started praying for this baby (that he has already named "Buster"), and he prayed a couple of days ago that he will be able to catch Baby Buster when he falls out of Mommy. WOW...
Just wanted to share our surprising but very exciting news!!! Sorry to go on forever, I am just excited and have waited for 3 weeks to talk about it openly with everyone!
Lord, thank you for our little peanut-sized baby that already has a strong heartbeat.
Laura

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! i am happy for you guys! it's really funny, i have been thinking a lot about babies lately too. who knows. i just caught up on your other posts too. tell your sister congratulations too!
love, julie freeby

Darby said...

YEA!!! Laura!!! I can't believe this!! Congrats to you! How exciting that #4 is already in your tummy! Praise God! You're a wonderful mother and handle all of this with such grace!! What a testimony of your faith! Love you!!
D

katy said...

Congratulations! God has truly blessed you and Brad with a spirit capable of handling as many children as you desire! :)

haleybirkel said...

OMG! congrats, laura! that is VERY exciting...you are one amazing woman!!!

Allison Priola said...

Yeah, congrats Laura. I am soooo excited for you and how fun you are only a month behind me!!!!
love ya
allison

Abby said...

I'll be calling you back today! I'm SO excited! I can't imagine how overwhelmed you may be, but what a blessing!!! I can't wait to meet baby #4.
Love you lots! Congrats! We'll all be praying for you (and your sanity :-)

The Oakes said...

buster.....i just know baby buster will count it as such a blessing to be pavlich #4. congrats to all of you and we can't wait to hear more!

joy said...

such exciting news! congratulations! i don't think wanting more kids makes you crazy at all--very brave and trusting definitely, but not crazy! so glad you saw the heartbeat already, too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Congratulations! What exciting news for all of you! I can't wait to read all of the preggo updates and to meet "Buster"! -Heather Reed :)

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Oh my goodness! God is blessing you all greatly and He knows you can handle it, obviously. Congratulations!

Hannah Fields said...

congratulations!!!! Yea for having babies!

jeana said...

Congratulations, Laura!!!!!! That is so awesome!! We will have to share pregnancy stories :) and come May if I feel stressed with 3, i will think of you with 4 and know i can do it! I will pray for us both. :) I can tell you are a wonderful mom, and hearing your joy for another is so sweet. God bless all 6 of you!