CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bye Bye BaBas

Kaitlin is officially off of the bottle...yeah for her! She doesn't even miss it! I was going to take a picture of the 12 bottles that I threw in the trash, but Brad took it to the curb too quickly. I was happy that my friend Katie asked for the lids (we both use Dr. Brown's) because I know part of them is still being used!
Oh, and a little bit of reiteration on my "sharing" blog...thanks for the feedback. I loved your comments!!
Hannah, I totally agree with your thing about 2 year olds not knowing what the word "share" means unless explained, ESPECIALLY if they are the firstborn. Jaeda, probably because she has an older brother, has heard and seen sharing for over a year now, so she caught on right away, which was nice. She has always known what we mean when we ask her to share. Brice was the difficult one because we had never dealt with this before and neither had he!!
Please understand that I DO teach my kids how to share, and like Hannah, we teach them that sharing is giving, and "How much fun it is to give our toys to our friends!" ...I just found it humorous that I totally felt the emotions that they must feel when we are constantly asking them to share with their friends/siblings. Jaeda is really good at sharing, her teachers from school tell us this too. Having a 3, 2, and 1 year old, this is a pretty big issue in our house these days, and when it is between the kids, it is an easy fix..."Jaeda let's give Kaitlin a turn," and she does it. But when it came to me, the MOMMY, I wanted to override all of our rules and not do it! I was having a 3 year old moment. I had to share this moment with other mommies, and I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has experienced this!

2 comments:

The Oakes said...

so glad to hear that it gets easier with the second. i never thought of it that way but when you explain it with your three im now hoping that our number two will be better at sharing than her brother. it sounds like having somone to share with helps!
congrats on the babas!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you for the caps, what a lifesaver, seriously I dont know where all ours go but I think the house eats them!!!