CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Overdue Gratitude





I have been feeling a little homesick for Kentucky lately...My sister Emily is pregnant again and it makes me want to move just to be with her...it kills me to live this far away from her especially knowing that I am missing out on the everyday lives of my niece and nephew and our kids growing up together, and with a new baby coming, it makes me want to pack up and move today. I am learning how God wants me to feel content and "at home" with Him. There is a huge difference in my days when I start them with spending time with Him. This is an area that I have often struggled with, but it has been SO WORTH it to give that time to Him at the beginning and end of each day because my loneliness in the midst of busyness, craziness, and stress levels are much lower for the rest of the day.
Yesterday morning I asked Jesus to give me some more love because I was running out with everyone around me. I do not for the life of me understand how He never runs low on love and kindness even when I am annoying, disobedient and unkind to my husband, children, the telemarketer. But it seems I jinxed myself by asking for this, because instead of receiving His dose, I acted otherwise...short, impatient, etc. So first of all, I am thankful for his faithfulness to supply me with everything I need whether or not I decide to take it.
I am also thankful for Wednesdays and Thursdays. They are my "long" days when I don't see Brad from 9 to 9 unless he comes home for lunch or early dinner before heading back to work. I actually love these days (though yes, there are very LONG hours throughout those days)...I love feeding my 3 kids, filling the tub with the 3 of them and bathing them.
I am thankful that Brice is so responsible now that he cleans his own room (with my motivation), picks out his own clothes and dresses himself without any help. I am thankful that I have 3 kids who sleep through the night.
I am also thankful for friends who make me 100 muffins just because she loves me (Aimee). I am thankful that today is Kaitlin's 1st birthday and she is healthy, happy, beautiful, and too much fun.
I am also thankful for the huge bin of 3T girls clothes that I stumbled upon this evening (had completely forgotten that I had), and for my sister that gave it to me. And these are not just any hand-me-downs, her kids are the best-dressed kids I know, so this makes it even more of a fun blessing :)
I am thankful for a wonderful morning with a friend, fellow mother of three, whom I share an understanding of motherhood with that is special to me being that I do not have very many friends with more than 2 kids. I love our connection, her spiritual encouragement, and our many laughs.
I am also thankful for the Cinderella shoes that Jaeda borrowed from her cousin today because of how happy they make her. And for princesses in general...her world would not be near as fun without them.
Lastly, I am thankful for the best husband and father in the world. I have never met a more honest, loving, patient, and accepting man in my life. And he is super-fun!

Here are some pictures from yesterday at Avila barn with our friends Allison and Mikela.
Click here for more pics.


http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=fgez5zq.ch7yxpxu&x=1&y=plzl31


3 comments:

Darby said...

Laura! I love it! It's all so true and I love to hear you put it in words! I can completely relate on the wantinng to be close to family. The year Paige was born we only saw them 2 times and it's so hard... especially when you love your kids so much and want so badly for your parents to see them!! I'm glad God is teaching you so much and thanks for sharing it with us! I feel encouraged!

Abby said...

We wish you were here too! But I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful husband and 3 wonderful kids to love you bunches out in CA.
Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. It is very encouraging!

We love you and miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Im on a roll leaving comments I will keep going with this post too!!
I cant begin to know how hard it is to be here in CA while your family is in KY, but selfishly I must say I feel so blessed to have you here in CA and such a huge part of my life!