CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Like Mother, Like Daughter





(Below) So this was the first time she had attempted this foot thing on the table, so before telling her "No" I had to take a picture of her because she was so cute and proud of herself.

I know that I am just like my mom in doing this, but I LOVE taking pictures intentionally, to show progress, or to compare and show similarities. I am just a "tradition" junkie in general. When my mom was a toddler, her mother took a picture of her in the dryer, so when I was a toddler, she took a picture of me in the dryer. So because we were both firstborns, I also took a picture of Brice in our dryer last year. These things make me smile. So I am posting a picture that I took of Kaitlin last night hanging on the dishwasher (that is her daily goal, to get up there and hang out), because Jaeda did the exact same thing this time last year and I took pictures of her doing it! Jaeda is in the pink dress, in case you didn't know by her blond hair :) What about you-what ways are you like your mother, or what traditions have you kept in your family?

2 comments:

joy said...

every thanksgiving, my mom would give us each of us a new christmas ornament. i still have all of mine and it's a neat sense of continuity when i continue to hang them on the tree year after year.

Kendra White said...

My son turned one on Saturday. Every year on my birthday my parents would write me a letter about the previous year. Little did I know when i married my husband his parents did the same thing. Last Saturday morning Eric and I went upstairs to wake John Hunter and put read our letters and put them in his hope chest. By the way, I cried through the WHOLE thing. Laura, I went to Asbury with you and Brad. We are still in KY and love reading about what the LORD is doing in your life!